Saturday, May 27, 2006
- New Admin GUI makes it easy to administer your IIS configuration settings
- Componentized and modularized configurations/installation which enables administrator and IT Pros to install the features that they want
- Plug additional modules directly into IIS Configuration using HTTP Module and HTTP Handlers -- a feature previously allowed for ASP.NET
- XML based configuration settings makes it easier to deploy IIS settings across many servers
- Delegate IIS Admin tasks to website developers to give them control on their websites enabling them to administer common IIS configuration settings for their web applications
- Quickly allows you to diagnose and resolve any application errors
- Manage IIS and ASP.NET configuration from a single admin tool that features different modules such as HTTP Handlers, Delegations, Custom Errors and so on.
- Friendly error messages in the browser and steps to resolve any configuration errors
- Using Code Access Security, forms authentication can be set on any file-types other than ASP.NET files only
- New diagnostic capabilities such as Failed Request Tracing allows you to monitor your web application for error codes or time taken to process a request and log tracing information of these request.
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Red Gate SQL Prompt
Recently, I downloaded and installed the Intellisense tool for SQL Query Anaylzer from Red Gate software called SQL Prompt. It is a very helpful tool designed to provide Visual Studio like Intellisense in SQL Query Analyzer and also integrates with other editors such as Enterprise Manager, Visual Studio, UltraEdit etc.
The best thing is that tool is available to download for FREE!
SQL Prompt Download
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
DotNetPalm -- Gulf DotNet Developers
Firstly, we setup and launched our new online community targeted towards .NET Developers in the middleeast region aka DotNetPalm – Dubai DotNet Developers.
We initially had a meeting with few members – where we discussed our strategy to move forward and set our goals – below is a photo of those who attended the meeting. Here is the link to the document that describes our mission and vision.
Other interesting event was the First developer’s conference in Dubai titled Gulf Developers Conference – the two day event highlighted some of the advanced features of Visual Studio 2005 and ASP.NET 2.0. Besides technical sessions the event also provided us a good platform to launch our developer community -- DotNetPalm. Click here for the conference material and photo gallery.
We recently sent out our welcome newsletter to over 100 members of our community. Below is a copy of the newsletter.
All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.—AnonymousI read this quote some where and it became one of my all time favorite quotes. I don’t know who said it but I believe had Shakespeare belonged to Windows Vista Generation, he would have said a something similar.
Talking about playwrights and actors, how can we forget the awesome Dubai Developers Conference! Where geeks rocked! It was absolutely fabulous to see so many geeks gathering and sharing their passion about Microsoft .net technologies and upcoming and most exciting Windows Vista technologies.
Apart from technical sessions we got to launch our developer community, DotNetPalm (http://www.dotnetpalm).
I would like to thank you all for joining “DotNetPalm”. During my presentation at developers conference I mentioned main focus areas of the community and the core concept behind it. One of the main areas that we are going to focus is in community development based around off-line events, including seminars, workshops and code-camps. Such developer and technical communities have been a great success all over the world. Now is the time to Rock here in Dubai!
In coming days we will contact you and seek your opinion regarding the content and venue of our up coming offline events, or simply say, geek gatherings.
We are looking for volunteers who have the passion for sharing with contribute community. We will post more specific requirements on the mailing list as well as forums section of the portal.
“Learning, sharing, participation, fellowship and growth”
If you are a geek and would like to be a part of the community, you can register on the website http://www.dotnetpalm.net/ or be part of our mailing list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dotnetpalm/