Wednesday, July 02, 2008

 

XHTML Conformance and ASP.NET 2.0

Recently one of the UI developers on my team was struggling with having the Name attribute on the HTML Form element and needed a fix for this. In .NET 2.0 the fix is so trivial that in fact I forgot what I did in a similar project until I Google'd and found this switch from Scott Gu's this post.

<xhtmlConformance mode="Strict" />

This reminded me that back in the ol' ASP.NET 1.1 days the hacks that we used to do to get this working, including adding Response Filters and inherit from classes that strip off the non-XHTML complaint markup before the page is rendered, off course at a cost of the performance.

None of these solutions proved to be very useful and often we had to make this compromise and leave non-complaint markup on our pages.

I'm glad that the old .NET 1.1 days are finally over.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?