Tuesday, August 04, 2009

 

Adding Service References and ‘The system cannot find the path specified’ error

I was facing this problem recently in a project when adding a reference to a WCF Service simply gave me this error.

wcferror

I google’d it for a while but in vain, I also removed the auto-gen service entries from the web.config but that did not work either.

Then I realized that earlier I had deleted the Service References folder from the application root, re-add and it worked as expected.

Funny thing is that Visual Studio will not tell you what went wrong, neither folder name appears under Add > ASP.NET Folders nor Visual Studio attempts to recreate it.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
i'm getting the same fucking error.. can somebody help us... !!! ???
 
Thanks for posting this...I did the same thing and adding the folder back in fixed it for me!
 
Glad I helped.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?