Sunday, February 06, 2011
Tools and tips for a developer
I watched Roy Osherove’s “Top 20 tools and tips that make me a better developer” talk that he gave at Oredev conference last year where he shared some tools that he uses on a daily basis at TypeMock.
What follows is a list of tools and tips that I noted, I do use some on a daily basis too and will look into others.
For Team Room
- Remove tools and use Task Board
- Two screens
- Daily standups
Personal Development machine
How to use Amazon EC2 cloud in production?
- Team City Continuous Integration server
- FinalBuilder - Visual Build Automation for Windows Software Developers
- Mercurial distributed source control management tool
- PostSharp AOP Framework for global logging and exception management at assembly level
- Help and Manual for Code documentation
- Help Server to view code documentation from a Web browser
- FogBugz bug tracking system
- Gibraltar for reporting application behaviors
- Eqatec Usage statistics – for analyzing how your users are using your software applications
- Crypto licensing for licensing your software
- Amazon simple notification service for enabling customer collaboration, via email or json etc